Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Good Reads [February 2012]

I've really begun to enjoy reading over the past couple of years. I'm not as good about sitting down with a book as I'd like to be, but I'm working on it. I'm currently reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, but am always looking for my next book, so I'd love your recommendations!



In the mean time, here are a few recommendations for you!

  • A Homemade Life (Molly Wizenburg)
    This is a memoir + cookbook. If you love food, family, and travel, you'll think this is a delightful read.
  • The Glass Castle (Jeannette Walls)
    Jeanette Walls tells the story of her family and her growing up. This book is hard to sum up, but deeply moving. 
  • Half Broke Horses (Jeannette Walls)
    Another great book by Walls. In it, she tells the story of her grandmother -- a strong, hard-working woman. Fantastic book.
  • Travels with Charley (John Steinbeck)
    It's John Steinbeck. Need I say more? Alright, well... this is his account of his journey across the United States. Short, quick read.
  • The Love Dare (Stephen Kendrick)
    If you're married, I highly recommend going through this book.
For other books I've read, check out my list at GoodReads... And please share you favorite reads with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment